Sunday, September 14, 2014

2014-09-14 Just a Driving Day



Some days we just move closer to where we want to start touring again. We are on our way to Minneapolis from Jamestown, ND via Aberdeen and Big Stone City, SD (where we are staying tonight).

Our spot tonight (only $15) is in some family's beautiful green field on the west shore of Big Stone Lake, Camping 109 RV Park. They have outfitted it with water, electric, and sewer at most of the fairly level sites. We are in spot 33 and there must be at least 40 total spots here, with only a dozen campers present.




We've been making various reservations for RV parks and tours while we've been on the road. Cell phones make that so easy.

We'll be staying in Minneapolis for a week starting on Monday night. The place we found for $32 per night is only 4 miles away from downtown.

As we were going down the road I had Karen start writing down things that needed to be done as they entered my mind.

Healthcare needs to be signed up for. I tried last month but they wanted me to sign up for September and my work is already helping with our medical payments for Sep.

Need to check our usage on our Millenicom Hot Spot (our Internet access). We can use 20GB per month and we are on track to use 11GB this month. That's good news.

One of the places I planned to stay was in the Avaco, WI campground and Karen thinks they won't accept RVs with slide outs. What? I sent the admin person an email on Friday and he should be getting back to us on Monday. If not, we'll call him in the afternoon to verify one way or the other.

We plan on going to Racine, WI to see some buildings that Frank Lloyd Wright designed. We need to plan that day since it involves getting up earlier than normal and making a long drive there.

Our deposit for our Disney Cruise in February has been made and we need to look over the documents and e-sign them. Email is great for this kind of thing.

Our trailer has tire pressure and temperature sensors on each tire that I installed earlier this year. There is an anomaly with one of them and to diagnose it I moved each of the sensors to a new tire. Then I had to tell the computer, that sits on my dash, that I moved them. Then I had to re-associate the computer with each of the sensors. Fortunately, I brought the manual along and I was able to do this.

Here is what I look as as we are driving down the road...



Now we are sitting for the night, watching the Seahawk updates on the computer, blogging, and updating the itinerary. This is ONLY DAY 12. This isn't old or boring or stressful. It seems like it's just our new lifestyle and we are both adapting to this very easily.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your blog! You are far north for this late in the year. Be careful, you don't want to get caught in an early snowfall.
    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete